Sunday, January 29, 2017

My favorite exercise tapes

I've only been working out for a couple of weeks but I'm already thinking about doing exercise tapes after work. My two favorite tapes are straight from the 80's Jane Fonda's New Workout and Callan Pinckney's Callanetics. Yes, I said tapes. They're on VHS, but are now definitely available on DVD if you're interested. If you're into free weights I really like The Firm Body Sculpting Basics with Susan Harris it even has kegel exercises as part of the floor work, and if you're into step aerobics I like CherFitness A New Attitude. Workouts from the early days of aerobics always make me smile, all the spandex and bodysuits gotta love it. And they're fun with all the yipping and yelling and clapping.

Once daylight savings hits I'll probably start running in the mornings, I am totally unwilling to run in the dark with so many crazy drivers around. Or maybe I'll start running in the park after work and just do yoga and calisthenics in the mornings.

No matter what kind of exercise you do, just be smart and always listen to your body. Don't overextend your knee or back, and if you feel actual joint pain then dial it back and don't extend so far, or don't do that particular exercise at all.

No comments: