Monday, January 23, 2017

Snacks and eating habits

Now that I've started taking vitamins and exercising everyday it seems like my cravings for carbs have gone away. I'm starting to wonder if those cravings were tied to general exhaustion and sleep deprivation. We have a really high energy kiddo and the constant eating of carbs may have been a way to keep myself going.

Breads, bagels, muffins, doughnuts, cakes, and pies were my weakness. Normally, I could glut myself on sweets everyday. But now I've cut way down on those sorts of things and find myself sleeping deeper and feel more rested in the mornings. Some vitamins in the mornings and a quick workout and I'm raring to go. Even my moods are better. Cheerful even. So. Weird.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal - warm and gooey with butter and brown sugar. This week I'll starting adding stuff like chia seeds, goji berries, sliced bananas, blue berries, or milk. During the summer I'll eat the oats raw with soy milk, like the way you eat cereal.

Cottage cheese with fruit, usually canned peaches during the winter.

Fruit smoothies. During the summer months we live on fruit smoothies in the mornings. Lots of frozen strawberries and pineapple (we freeze them ourselves) with plums, oranges, canned peaches, etc., really anything we can find.

Lunch:
Rice with some sort of meat, a vegetable, and maybe some kind of fruit. Summer I'll probably start eating sandwiches like nut-butter and jelly.

Dinner:
Anything goes. Lately we've been eating dinner breakfasts like eggs in a nest. I just try to eat early, eat less and make sure I get an evening workout in.

No comments: