Saturday, January 28, 2017

Exercising around work

I work full time 5 days a week. The morning workout happens before I go to my job. It means I get up a couple hours before I have to be out the door, I immediately take a couple of vitamins that are supposed to be taken at least an hour before I eat, pack my breakfast and lunch which are both eaten at work, workout, and then finally shower before I'm out the door.

Being by nature a night owl, the packing of the meals in the morning is arduous and slow with lots of standing in place while zoning out. But I'm awake by the time I start working out and hitting it fast and hard so that there's enough time to shower afterwards.

The evening workout is more leisurely with stretching between each type of exercise. But it happens later at night after we put our little one to bed.

The only difference on the weekend is that the kiddo and I do jumping jacks together in the mornings together with bouts of jogging around the living room in between sets of 20 jumping jacks. And I do leg lifts with him sitting on my legs.

No comments: