Thursday, January 19, 2017

Thoughts on exercising

As you can tell, I like high reps when it comes to exercises. It builds stamina as well as strength.

When the exercises get too easy I make them more challenging by raising my feet higher for pushups or changing up the exercises, do something different like adding squats or pull-up bar exercises. It's also a way to keep your interest up during workouts. If you reach a plateau or get into a rut just completely change your workout, add something new, or increase duration like run harder or run longer.

My workouts have always followed the seasons. Winter was for weight lifting, jumping rope, rowing, and indoor bicycling. Spring and fall involved some form of aerobics. And summer was for running, basketball, swimming, canoeing, baseball, or tennis... really anything outside would do.

By nature I am really in my head, but being active and physical puts you in your body and teaches you to live in the moment rather than spending all your time dreaming of tomorrow.

And honestly when it comes to dieting. I don't. The more active I am the more my cravings tend to whole foods, fruit smoothies, vegetable juices, etc. It just happens naturally. Plus you'll probably find yourself reading exercise magazines looking for new interesting workouts, which by extension you will find yourself reading their healthy diet articles. After awhile everything just converges.

No comments: