Saturday, February 17, 2018

Working Out Everyday versus Taking Breaks

I much prefer to workout everyday, in the beginning of trying to establish a regular exercise routine, rather than have "rest days".

Why you might ask? I'll give you a list:
  1. You'll be less sore. (Reason: Working out the next day will move the lactic acid out of your muscles, which was making you sore, and into your cardiovascular system to eventually be processed by your liver.)
  2. You're trying to teach yourself the habit of regular exercise, so not exercising is kind of doing the opposite of creating a habit. (You can do something different, so you don't get bored or hurt yourself with a repetitive strain injuries. Or just do a light form of exercise if you're tired. But my choice would be a different form of hard exercise.)
  3. You'll see results faster. (This is very important for me. I'm competitive with myself, and I want to see my body changing.)
  4. Your skin will look awesome. (There's something about exercise and how it changes your body chemistry, so you practically glow. Maybe it's the sweating and pushing out the oils and impurities. Or maybe sweating is forcing you to bathe on a daily basis. This might actually be me. Ewww. No way. Yes.)
  5. You can detail your workouts to your coworkers, whom you are competing with in a weight loss competition, as a way to demoralize them so you'll win. (Which is ok, because they've been sabotaging your diet by buying donuts "for everyone".)

No comments: