Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Weight Loss Competitions at Work

We tend to have weight loss competitions at my work every few years. And we take it pretty seriously. A couple people will resort to sabotaging and bringing things in like donuts in the morning, or maybe giant containers of pretzels, etc.

One of the competitors has completely stopped eating sweets and fried foods since January. I find that pretty hardcore, I keep eating chocolate but I do try to eat healthier. A few of my coworkers do Weight Watchers and their point system, actually I've seen whole departments use this system. There's a few of us who mainly focus on exercise, which is the camp I fall into.

The competition usually runs from January - June or July, so 5 to 6 months, and we calculate the weight-loss by percentage to make it more fair. (Weight lost in pounds divided by beginning weight.)

I've been thinking about doing a two week fast this spring, although my husband has done a 24 day fast before. Usually I continue to exercise and do my general routine during that time. But if you plan to do a long fast definitely ease back into eating solid foods, you don't want to cause your digestive tract any undue stress.  :)

I'm hoping to lose 50 pounds by July, which would be awesome. Posting a before picture is something I really want to do, but I might wait until there's an after picture as well.

No comments: