Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Is Having High Amounts of Ketones Bad?

Since I've started exercising three days ago, while still on the keto diet, my ketone levels have been in the high range. Even when I didn't workout for 2 days it still remained high. So, I'm wondering whether that's bad health wise?

We have been making bullet proof coffee with MCT oil, butter, and heavy cream which is supposed to help throw you into ketosis, but my husband continues to have low levels of ketones as measured in his urine. Although, he does snack a great deal. He's being very faithful to the keto diet but he continues to snack throughout the day, albeit on more healthy things with lots more vegetables in general.

I'm still doing my usual mix of high cardio hyper aerobics and alternating with kickboxing. But ever since it's been getting lighter earlier in the morning, I've been thinking about running before work. It's an interesting thought. I used to love running during the summer, sweating like crazy and just pounding it out. Hmmm. Maybe I'll wait until I lose a few more pounds so it won't be so hard on my joints.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Hello, I am ust coming from your vegetable blog harvest Monday. Congrats on that! I couldn't stop myself from commenting on this post... I think someone like yourself that like vegetables and eating to exhaustion would be better with a plant based diet. Don't know if you have ever heard of Esselstyn, Collin Campbell and China Study, Neal Barnard or Macdougall and starch solution. I just heard of them this year, some night I couldn't sleeping watched a documentary, then I started doing research... For me that makes much more sense. And yes ketones are not good! But yes you loose weight that way. Simply not the good way... By the way I am Marisa from Portugal and I got to your blogs by Happy Acres Dave. Hope to hear from you, even if you don't agree I just thought I could give something to think about!

Phuong said...

Hi Marisa,
Sorry I didn't see your comment sooner. I've been watching some of the interviews and talks of Dr. Esselstyn and Dr. Neal Barnard. I can't stop watching them, especially since they cite so many fascinating studies. Thank you for posting such interesting information.

I'm convinced to try a plant based diet. I already take a lot of supplements and vitamins, but will have to add B12 as well.