Friday, February 22, 2019

A Little Update on Life and My Exercise Regimen

I haven't been posting for awhile because my husband had a major health scare last year. He was hospitalized twice last summer and had to have emergency surgery at one point. He lost 60 pounds and all of his muscle mass, and ended up fairly frail. He was actually down to his high school weight, but without any of the musculature.

Since we have a young child, we found it to be a frightening experience. We've been making massive changes in our lives, trying to be healthier and getting strong again.

In November 2018 I talked him into joining a gym. The first month and a half we did the elliptical everyday, with some rowing and stair stepper for variation, just to build up some strength and endurance while doing low-impact exercise.

I mainly run now on the treadmill 3-5 days a week. While my husband alternates running days with the elliptical to give his bad knee a rest.

We are both feeling stronger. Life is good.

No comments: